Monday, April 1, 2013

Altar Ego... God sees me differently than I do


First of all I want to make it clear that I like Craig Groeschel’s writing. That’s a main reason why I requested to review Altar Ego: Becoming Who God Says You Are.  And I wasn’t disappointed. Groeschel writes in an engaging manner that makes the written word seem like a personal conversation. It’s like sitting in church and knowing that the pastor is speaking directly to you, even though there may be several hundred other people in the auditorium.
Besides, this is a message that a lot of people need to hear: God is not finished with us yet. God knows what we look like and he’s waiting for us to see that picture instead of the ones that bombard our brains on a regular basis. We don’t have to buy into the images that others try to project on us: inadequate, not smart enough, the wrong body image, we dress wrong, we don’t and we can’t and we’ll never be good enough. God on the other hand sees a masterpiece, the person that can and does and will, the person that God wants to send forth as His ambassador.
In Altar Ego you’ll learn how living with patience, integrity, honor and gratitude makes you the person that God had in mind, and will let you dare to live boldly for God.
My favorite chapter is “bold prayers”. I’m guilty as charged, I soften the prayers, try to give God an out, and miss out on the blessings that God wants to shower on me and others.
5 out of 5!
I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for the review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment